EMICS relies entirely on charity donations and funding. In addition to their other roles our trustees and doctors invest their own time in raising funds for the charity but they are always looking for people to support this critical role for EMICS. If you would like more information about how to get involved in helping us raise funds then please contact our Secretary via email.
We are always keen to hear ideas about how we could improve our funding, or from people who have free time to volunteer to help with our existing fundraising activities.
Our Secretary, Ms Mary Boothroyd, is at email@example.com
EMICS recruits doctors as volunteer responders from within the East Midlands Ambulance Service area. In order to work towards volunteering as an EMICS doctor you would need to:
- Live or work within the EMAS region
- Have attended a pre-hospital specific training course (e.g. BASICS PHECC, PHTLS)
- Ideally have some pre-hospital experience
- Generally have five years post-registration experience
Doctors who become active responders for us must commit to:
- At least three years responding in the EMAS region
- Take part in the EMICS and EMAS governance process as required
- Follow EMICS and relevant EMAS polices and procedures